Saturday 6 July 2013

Hardware updated

Good Morning

After replacing my MSI z77 motherboard with a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H, I still encountered problems Post ESXI5.1 installation. Even though the ESXI5.1 detected the on-board NIC and installed with success, I encountered issues with comms to and from the NIC. I was unable to ping my default GW and unable to ping the ESXI host from any node on the same network segment.  After about 3 hours of throubleshooting and consulting with others, I discovered that the NIC was not auto detecting 1000MB full duplex . This was caused by my cheap 10/100/1000 8-port Gigabyte autosensing switch. After unplugging , replugging it sensed 1000MB Full Duplex on the NIC and comms started working to and from the NIC.  The Board is running F12 BIOS.

I have completed my ESXI5.1 installation which is now running on the following setup:

- Gigabyte GA-B75m-D3H rev1.1 ( BIOS version f12 )
- 4 x 8GB DDR 1600 Apacer memory
- Intel Core i3 3220 CPU
- 2 x 1TB SATA II HDD
- 1 x 80GB SATA II HDD
- 2GB Memory stick/key
- 450 watt PSU

In my next post I will discuss network considerations  for my Microsoft Lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment